Data is the new gold. It’s not just for businesses and governments anymore: personal data is also a valuable commodity. Your customers are generating reams of information about themselves every day, and if you can tap into that data and use it to create personalized experiences for them, it will be hugely rewarding for you both in terms of brand loyalty and revenue streams.
Identify Personalization Opportunities
Now that you’ve got a better understanding of what personalization is, let’s get into the nitty-gritty.
The first step to creating an engaging experience is identifying opportunities to personalize your website. Look for ways to make the site more engaging and fun by adding in features like:
- A welcome message that welcomes the visitor by name or with some other personalized greeting
- An interactive photo gallery where users can upload photos of themselves and include information about themselves (like their favorite color) as part of their profile
- Quizzes or polls that ask users questions about themselves so they can learn more about each other
A/B Test Personalization Strategies
As a business owner, you want to create a personalized experience for your customers. But how do you know which strategy will work best? A/B testing is the answer.
- A/B testing is when two different versions of something are tested against each other and compared in order to see which one performs better. In this case, we’re talking about testing different personalization strategies on your website or app. For example: “I want my users to see this section first” vs “I want them to see this section first.” You can then use the data from these tests to determine what works best for your audience–and use that information as part of your overall strategy going forward!
Make Data the Foundation of Your Strategy
It’s no secret that data is the foundation of your strategy. Data can tell you all about your customers, their needs, and their wants. But what if we told you that there’s a way to use this information to create personalized experiences?
In fact, there are several ways! Let’s take a look at three of them:
Use big data to create a personalized experience for your online customers.
You can use big data to create a personalized experience for your online customers.
- Use big data to identify personalization opportunities. Big data tools can help you identify where there are opportunities for personalization, such as product recommendations or cross-selling other products that might be of interest to the customer.
- A/B test personalization strategies across different customer segments using the data from these experiments in order to determine which strategies work best with each segment and why they do or don’t work well so that you can make better decisions about how best ____(fill in blank)____(fill in blank)____(fill in blank).
In today’s digital world, it’s easy to forget that we are all unique. We have different preferences, needs and goals. And yet our businesses still treat us as though we’re all the same. That needs to change–and big data is a great way to start making this happen. By using your customer data and insights from others like them, you can create personalized experiences for each person who visits your website or app